Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 27 -28






Day 28- June 24, 2009 , 42,6,km (7h58min), Arzúr to Santiago de Compostella.

I have arrived to my final destination, one day ahead of schedule. It was only fitting the I decided to end up with the marathon distance. The first 750+ km was my training for the final test on my way to see Saint James. Upon arriving at 13h53, I visited the amazing cathedral and the crypt of Saint James. I then collected my Compostalla certificate at the pilgrim office. Tomorrow, I will have a chance to attend the mass at noon. It was a day full of emotions. I just loved the whole experience and to a certain degree, I did not won't it to end. But I can't wait to see my family and share my experiences. The journey was one of self discovery. In all honesty, I don't think it could have gone any better.


Day 27 - June 23, 2009, 15km - Mélide to Arzúr


When I have the time, I will try to fill in the gaps, add photos, tips of the day, etc....



No comments:

Post a Comment